You know that feeling when you make something so delicious and yet so simple, you want all of your friends and family members to try it? That's how I feel about homemade Cashew Milk. Cashews pack a serious punch of heart healthy vitamins, like vit k, iron, and magnession as well as and unsaturated fat assosiated with lowering bad cholosteral. Texture on point, and keeping our heart in check! How did I drink coffee or blend smoothies before? Chia seed pudding? Oatmeal? With berries and granola? I use a cheese cloth or nut milk bag to help strain out the chunks but in a pinch a fine mesh strainer works too!
- 1 cup of plain, unsalted cashews, soaked over night and drained (or at least 8 hours)
- 2 cups of water
- 5-6 medijool dates (I soak my dates for maximum softness and ease in the blender)
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain through cheese cloth into a mason jar or bottle ( I like to reserve the cashew flour for baking!)
- Serve cashew milk with coffee, in smoothies, chia seed pudding (recipe coming soon) oatmeal, cereal, use in ice cream or enjoy plain!