Inspired by Alison Wu's beautiful banana bread that she made with Simple Mills gluten and grain free banana bread mix, we decided we needed to make our own TTK version! Instead of using the store-bought mix, we created our own flour blend with flax seeds. Flax is so good for the body in many ways (hence the "super power" of this bread), but it specifically helps with boosting the immune system and decreasing risk of eye disease.
This bread is healthy enough to eat for breakfast, but delicious enough to serve as a decadent dessert. It is also an easy preparation process, so as always, your little ones can get involved in most of the steps! Once the banana bread is baked and cooled, we recommend topping it with banana "nice cream" and some in-season fruits for an extra yum factor! We topped ours with nice cream, honey, peach slices, crushed pistachio, and dried rose petals.
Super Powered Banana Bread
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time 30 mins
- Serves 8-10
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Chopped Pistachios
- Sliced Peaches
- Banana “Nice Cream”
- Almond Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 x 4 baking loaf and set aside.
- Whisk eggs with coconut oil and vanilla. Mash bananas with a fork into the mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to same mixing bowl and stir to combine. Mixture should be slightly runny.
- Add mixture to baking loaf and bake on middle rack.
- Check after 30 minutes by sticking a toothpick in the the middle. If it comes out dry, the bread is done. If the toothpick comes out with batter, place back in oven for another 5-10 minutes, depending on oven.
- Enjoy plain or top with your favorite toppings!